I came across a wonderful statement this morning in my seminary lesson that made me reflect on family and friends that have used their gifts to bless my life. As I read each gift I could think of a family member or friend who possessed that gift. Take a look below and see if you find the ones that makes me think of you.
“Let us review some of these less-conspicuous gifts:
the gift of asking; the gift of listening; the gift of hearing and using a still, small voice; the gift of being able to weep; the gift of avoiding contention; the gift of being agreeable; the gift of avoiding vain repetition; the gift of seeking that which is righteous; the gift of not passing judgment; the gift of looking to God for guidance; the gift of being a disciple; the gift of caring for others; the gift of being able to ponder; the gift of offering prayer; the gift of bearing a mighty testimony; and the gift of receiving the Holy Ghost”
Marvin J. Ashton,(in Conference Report, Oct. 1987, 23; or Ensign, Nov. 1987, 20 ).
I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who cares for each of his children and blesses us each day with what we stand in need of. This morning a co-worker asked me was I ready for another day. I commented "It is a gift". I hope your gift of another day is wonderful just like you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thank you KIM!!!! I needed that and loved it! but I did not see my gift...of being loud and bossy!!
But Libbi you did see your gift of listening and caring for others which you do so well.
I loved that post...thanks for sharing that quote. It was wonderful. I think you possess all of those gifts! So glad you are my sister!
Jean, just wanted you to know you have that wonderful gift of listening too and the gift of being agreeable. My children always say, We love to be around Aunt Jean b/c she always makes you feel better about yourself and she makes you happy!
Post a Comment