Sunday, September 20, 2009

Wonderful Weekend

We arrived at Beth's on Friday evening and were greeted with lots of sweet hugs and kisses. We could here 4 little voices cheering Grammy and Granddaddy as we neared the door. Princess gowns and cool pj's were a big hit!


Saturday morning we headed out to my sister Libbi's to see her beautiful new house and enjoy a big breakfast. Yum! We all loved that. Libbi's grits and casserole and Grandma's biscuits just hit the spot.


Next, Libbi brought out a little family history...she opened a brown envelop that my grandmother had saved full of all the old letters we had written her through out our lives. It wasn't long before the room was filled with laughter and smiles. We divided each by name and everyone had a treasure bag to take home and cherish forever.

We just had a great time spending the morning together. Beth liked the nice cool chair in the family room. Connor, Sarah Beth and Grandma entertained Chloe and Uncle Jacob helped Seth explore the great outdoors at Aunt Libbi's.
We celebrated Kristen's birthday on Saturday evening. She wanted Meatloaf and mashed potatoes and a Chocolate cake. She got some really cute Red High heels from Jared that a few little females in the house just had to share the joy!

One pair was just not working for all those little feet. We had to go and visit Beth's closet.
The big weekend finale was watching Seth and Carolyn in their Primary Program. They knew their parts perfectly and sang beautifully. I was so grateful to be surrounded by all my children and grandchildren. It just doesn't get any better than to be at the right place on Sunday morning with your entire family. I am so thankful for my wonderful children and the joy they bring me. It is just a little bit of Heaven on earth.
The darling little brown Polka Dot dresses were made my Kristen for all the girls to wear to church today. She also made the cutest matching hair bows.
We are so proud of Natalie for going to her new nursery class today with out any tears. (She even wanted everyone to see her picture she colored.)
Well, as always the fun goes way to fast but the nice part is always that little time for a rest.
Sunday afternoon naps are the best!


Thank's to all my children and grandchildren for a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

Libbi said...

OH I LOVE these pics and will so steal some for my blog! We LOVED having y'all over!!!

Jean said...

It looked like you had a wonderful week-end with all your kids and grandchildren...what a wonderful blessing!

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

That was a fun weekend! Natalie is so cute in those pictures...you wouldn't know how mean she can be! haha

LaNelle said...

man I wish I lived closer!!! Looks like ya'll had so much fun and I hear that poundcake was part of that weekend too! I'm VERY jealous about that!!! haha

grandma ard said...

I loved every minuter I spent with all of you! I love you!