Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Do you have a favorite sound?

It may sound crazy but I love the sound of someone mowing the grass. I even like the smell of fresh cut grass . It makes me think of summertime, and front porches and swings and just reminds me that someone is making the world a little bit prettier.
Now it's your turn. What is your favorite sound and why? ( I'll post a few pics later that make me smile when I think of grass mowing.)

8 comments:

ELIZEM said...

I love the sound of rain and thunder...it is very calming and makes the perfect background music to go to sleep. :)

Marissa and Adeline said...

The beach! I miss hearing the sound of waves. Someday I will be closer to the beach!

Jean said...

I love the smell of ocean air! It is so soothing to me and it really makes me happy! I guess it brings back to me all of the wonderful times I have spent at the beach throughout my life! But...that is my very favorite smell...the ocean breeze...ahhh...I will get to smell it again soon!

DeeDee said...

I love the smell and little sounds of newborn baby. It makes me know that their is a great God that created us all and what miracles we are.

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

That is funny you like that - the smell of freshly cut grass makes me want to throw up. (also the smell of fresh mulch - esp. USC's)
I like the sound of birds chirping outside in the morning (it reminds me of waking up in the summertime when I was little) and I like the sound of rain and I like the sound of someone cooking breakfast (the sizzling on the skillet and the banging of pots and pans) - reminds me of waking up to real breakfast when I was younger (usually made by you or at Ninna's house).

Jean said...

I love what everyone said...it was interesting whst everyone loved...I will have to say that I love the smell of cooking bacon in the morning too! I had to laugh when Beth said cut grass makes her want to throw up...I wonder if that is just because she is pregnant???

myglorydays said...

Hi! I love the sound of the grandkids opening the front door - the next word is always "Grammer" & I get a smile & a hug.

Lots of smell answers but thanks to year round allergies I can rarely smell anything - so who got to change all the stinky diapers. lol

Libbi said...

one of my favorite sounds is a screen door closing...it's a summertime sound to me..I also love the waves crashing, the crack of a baseball bat and bacon frying (and like Beth, I thought of Ninna cooking us breakfast)I also love thunder and lightening and lawn mowers...funny!! My favorite smell is coconut oil and salt (again, the BEACH!!)and rain in the air...