Thursday, October 2, 2008

Getting closer

I got an email from the mission home in Chile this week that needed my new address so they could send me Will's flight iternary. Can you see me smiling? I will be looking forward to that little letter in my mailbox. It is getting closer and I will start counting down the days as soon as I get the official day. ( Jerry was figuring transfer times and said he thinks it will be the 27 or 28th of January.) I can hardly wait!
Happy Fall everyone! Do you have your pumpkin out yet?


5 comments:

Libbi said...

Please let us know because we will be there...will he come to Columbia or Myrtle Beach? Andrew will hate that he will be back at BYU-I, I know you will be happy to have a break from being a Missionary Mom!

Marissa and Adeline said...

I know you are excited for Will to be home! We are going to the North Georgia Mts tomorrow to a pumpkin patch to get a pumpkin and take pictures! I will post them on my blog next week.

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

a pumpkin? do i have to put one of those things out again to rot on my porch every year?? (j/k - the kids won't let me skip that....i'll get one at walmart closer to halloween in hopes that it won't rot this time!)

Jean said...

I will be so glad when Will gets home. I am starting to count down the days in my head! And...no, I do not have a pumpkin out...I hate Halloween. It is for creative people who can make cute costumes and I can neither sew nor come up with anything cute so I HATE, HATE, HATE this holiday. If I could have my way my family would just skip it. Sorry about that...I just wish I were more creative but the Lord didn't bless me with that!

myglorydays said...

I remember that day of opening the letter from the mission president saying "we are giving you back your son" haha Ok it just gave the date & said he did a great job & thanks, but it was a great day & who needed the sun that day. My smile was like yours. I know you will be glad to have him home.

It was a "way" better letter than the Japanese Mission president's letter said when Dale got there. He said not to worry if we heard he was sick as we could not do anything since he would be dead before we could get there due to the flight times. I do not think that is what he meant - cultural differences were huge there. After the initial shock were off & the Stake President promised that was not what he meant then Mark & I laughed about it. He did lose 40 lbs while he was there (he was skinny when he went but you could count his ribs when he got home), got hit by a car & contracted some lung issue from pollution. Even with all his problems, his mission was the best thing that ever happened to him. A changed man as many returned missionaries are.

Thanks "Mom" you did a good job both surviving his mission & raising him. Jean brags on him all the time.