Thursday, September 4, 2008

Shells before the storm


Tonight Jerry and I took our walk on the beach and I was so excited to see so many BIG shells. I think Tropical Storm Hanna is dropping off little presents before the storm. I told my grandchildren I would bring them some shells on my next visit.
I have been finding these cute itty bitty ones but it was so fun to finally find some BIG ones. I was having so much fun filling my bag. Jerry doesn't mind that I have taken up shell hunting b/c I don't power walk ( except when I wanted to get ahead of the lady looking for shells in front of me) and he can keep up with me. Carolyn said she liked the little ones but Seth wanted a big one. I am excited to have lots for him to choose from.
Take a LOOK!
Aren't they Great!

Here are my smaller ones.

I love these twirly ones. ( One for each of my grandchildren.)

Guess how many itty bitty ones in this jar. ( Leave it in a comment. I will post answer later.)

Carolyn likes these itty bitty ones!

7 comments:

Kristen Edwards said...

I am glad that you enjoyed looking for and finding shells. The twirly ones are the South Carolina State Shell. I found a lot of really pretty ones when we went to Shell Island with my family. We found a ton of other ones too. I will have to show them to you.

Jean said...

I love them...all I find are shell remnants and I get tired of looking. You could call this the calm before the storm!!! They are beautiful!

Libbi said...

love your shells and I guess 61. (I hope the prize is a pound cake!!!!)

jacob said...

4

kim e said...

There are almost 200 shells in the little bitty glass bottle!!

Marissa and Adeline said...

Kim you need to tell my mom about you finding all these shells. She would be proud!

myglorydays said...

I love shell hunting. When we lived in New Bern, shells were the best part. It is like a treasure hunt with no pressure involved. Perfect! I like the twirly & the small ones.
I am going with 101 shells like the dalmations. haha!