Our computer decided to stop working. Just went totally black- no noise, no lights and definitely no action. I feel so lost! If you are like me you may not realize how dependant you are on a computer until it is not there. From my budget, to bills, to photos, communicating with family and friends and the list just goes on and on!
Have you ever had to visit a computer repair shop? I got this book of coupons for moving in a new house and one was for a free jump drive from a computer shop. David and I decided to go get our free gift. The place was called "Just ask Hal". He gave us our gift and we thanked him for the goodie. (Little did I know that I may have a need to visit him again.) We have discovered there is a communication barrior between the geek squad and us! Jerry drops it off last Thur. and explains the computer failure in detail to the lady in the office. She writes it up, gives him a copy of the report and tells him to check back with Hal. He checks back to inquire, only to discover a new guy, Sergio. Jerry again has to tell the computer failure story in detail to Sergio who looks a little puzzled and says ok. On Sat. I decide to call and Sergio answers the phone. I ask him about my computer and the communication barrier is in full swing now. I asked if Hal was there. (It was about 10:30am.) He says he will be in about 10:00am. He had no clue about my computer and since he wasn't up to date on his clock skills I decided it would be better if I stopped by. We went by the shop and again told him who we were, of course Hal is not in. Sergio again asked us to tell what happened to the computer. Jerry has never seen Hal, so he is still wondering if he exist! I asked him what time is Hal around . He said he usually is here in the afternoons. I told Jerry we would return on Monday when I got off of work. Well, we make our little visit and we meet a new guy, a high school senior who helps out part time. Again! we retell our computer story, get the puzzled look and he goes in the backroom. He returns to tell us to give them a day or two someone will have to take a look at it. NO KIDDING!!! I ask about Hal again, the only one they I may can actually communicate with and he tells me he is out alot on service calls. I inform him that on Friday I will pick up my computer whether it has been looked at or not. He says, that's fair. ??? ( Rob and Beth are coming on Fridayto rescue us and let us borrow their old computer until we see ours again!) Thank goodness it is almost time for Will to come home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey Kim!
This is your cousin Sandy's daughter. . . what a nightmare! I hope you were able to get your computer fixed. . .it looks like it as you were able to blog. . . computers are definitely a lifeline these days, that's for sure!
No it is not fixed yet. I just used my computer from work to update my blog. Beth and Rob are coming to our rescue this weekend, thankgoodness!
Okay...just so you know..I do not like the stores you take your computer in and TRY to get it fixed. My laptop screen has failed because I took it in to get some things erased off of it. Ever since we got it back the screen has not worked right and now we can't use it at all. We are like you...so dependent on a computer. That is how Emily does all of her school work. I sure hope that you get it fixed soon by someone who knows what they are doing! I am sorry it has been so frustrating!
It is almost easier and cheaper to just get a new one...well, actually it is for us because we deal in disposable computers (you know $200 bucks or less!!) Sorry you are having trouble...I will be sad when Andrew goes back to school and takes his state of the art laptop with him!!
Post a Comment