Sunday, October 12, 2008

Blessings through the rain

We were excited about the weekend approaching as our best friends from Hartsville were coming to spend the weekend with us. Jerry and I were off from work for the day and had made plans to take care of appointments and chores and details so we would be ready for a little fun and friendship.


Ours plans started with a challange as Jerry was layed off from his job Friday morning. As I drove to pick Jerry up I was not looking forward to facing another trial but my heart told me to stay strong. The ride home was a somber one with tears but we decided that we would not let it ruin our weekend . We would go forward with faith and remember that it rains on the just and the unjust. The scriptures remind us that we are promised blessings for paying our tithing. Now is the time we must put our faith in action and know that Heavenly Father's promises are sure. Many scriptures keep coming to my mind that bring comfort and assurance that all will work out.

We did enjoy our weekend and even earlier in the week we enjoyed Uncle Ray and Uncle Deani coming to spend the night with us. Uncle Ray even stayed up past 10:00! We were the ones finally saying we better hit the sack. We have come to love the beach and it is great getting to have lots of company from family and friends. Many have named our place "Edwards bed and breakfast"!

I took some cute photos, so take a look....

Uncle Ray, Jerry and Uncle Deani catching up on all the Hartsville News.

Uncle Ray and David chilling on the bar stools.

Take a look at these little Southern Bells! Aren't they adorable. Iam thankful for my friend!
Enjoying our favorite dessert together- Hot FUDGE CAKE! A gamecock victory was a nice treat too!

2 comments:

Jean said...

I'm so glad you had a great week-end together with your friends. They help make gloomy times better. I want you to know that Jeff and I are praying for your family and we know that Jerry will find something better than before. When Jeff lost his job we thought about what Elder Bednar had told us a few days earlier about something Elder Maxwell had said to him.."It is better to not shrink than it is to survive". Jeff said he wanted to show the Lord that he was not going to shrink thru this challenge and show greater faith in the Lord. He did and the Lord has blessed him...He will do the same for Jerry and you because I do not know of two more faithful people than you and Jerry! I love you!

Libbi said...

Amen to Jean's comments. You two are an example of faith in action. We are praying for you...and I loved seeing Jerry's Uncle Deani...he gave me my very first scriptures when I was a new member and he was my Bishop!!!