This past Sunday we went to Hartsville so Will could speak at church. It was so great to have all my family together in our little home town. As I sat down in the Hartsville ward, filling two rows with all my children and grandchildren, I leaned back on the padded pue and thought...this feels so right! I was completely surrounded by a church full of my dearest friends. We received tons of greetings and hugs and they treated us to a grand covered dish meal afterwards.
My children and I decided to go by our old house and visit our neighbors. It was fun to see my children standing together talking about all the memories on Bluff road. No one seemed to notice or think about the crusty old yard with the lack of landscaping, the broken up driveway or the run down old house with the one tiny bathroom....just all the years of fun and love that held our little home together. I have learned it really doesn't matter where you live, just how you live. I am thankful for a our wonderful little hometown for my children to grow up in!
My children and I decided to go by our old house and visit our neighbors. It was fun to see my children standing together talking about all the memories on Bluff road. No one seemed to notice or think about the crusty old yard with the lack of landscaping, the broken up driveway or the run down old house with the one tiny bathroom....just all the years of fun and love that held our little home together. I have learned it really doesn't matter where you live, just how you live. I am thankful for a our wonderful little hometown for my children to grow up in!
Will, Jacob, Twan and Jared
Karl and Will- best buds!David and his friends-Andrew and Austin
My bestfriend and sewing buddy-Sandy Braddock
My dear friend-Sister Jones
Sandy Debrul and Demp, Bro and Sister Jones and the delicious meal!
My sweet friend -Sherry Tallon
My wonderful friends Christi McDaniel and Kelly Barfield
Kristen and Natalie are all smiles
Kaitlyn found a great spot to wait for lunch with Rob, Charity, Terry and Ms. Juanita 
2 comments:
Oh I am so glad y'all had such a wonderful visit! How sweet of everyone to have a dinner for you!!!
Oh the memories...I miss you living there in that crusty old house a little over an hour away with all those at church that know me and love me. (I saw 3 of them at least at the temple this morning.)
(I still want to make my family's memories in a bigger house!)
Post a Comment