Sunday, November 17, 2013

My favorite time of year

I am getting that wonderful feeling about this time of year. I love the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. Jerry went with me on Saturday to look at holiday decorations. I was looking for a tall skinny Christmas tree for my tall family room.  I had to scout out all the stores to see who had the one I liked the best and the one that would fit in my budget.  Jerry was such a good sport as we went from store to store. Of course the one I liked was already sold out but they thought they would have some more in by the end of the month.  I will get busy with all the other decorations and save the  tree for last.
I had to get David's Christmas package in the mail this past weekend.  The Canada mail service is very slow.  We are almost at 1/2 time for his mission! (That really feels good to say) It has been a great year for David. We love reading his emails each week and learning of all the grand experiences he is having. He is use to the really cold weather.....burr. He is a great missionary and we love that he has the desire to serve. Cant wait for our Christmas skpe call!
This month we celebrate and give extra Thanks. Today our grands Carolyn and Alee celebrate their 9th and 4th birthdays and David will celebrate his Birthday #20 on Tuesday.
We give thanks that our Chloe is recovering from surgery. (She had a heart block and had to have a pacemaker put in.) She is a tough little girl and we are so grateful for her zest and strong will to bounce back and push through difficult things.
May we all remember our blessings and smile at all the wonderful things we have been given from above.  

1 comment:

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

Can you add me to the list to get emailed when you post? I just saw this today. I only check others' blogs when I blog, which has not been much this month!
I love the way you called it "half time" for David. So fitting.
(Your cutest blog on the block must have deleted their file because the background is just plain grey now.)